When to Revise a Will?
Wills & Estate litigation lawyers are quick to emphasize the importance of having a will. However, one thing that is often not considered is when is it appropriate to revise a will. We recommend that our clients review their wills every 3-5 years to ensure that estate planning goals remain the same. Other important times to revise a will include:
• After a marriage or separation
• After the death of intended beneficiary
• When a new child is born or adopted into your family
• After a significant change in financial circumstances
• After the acquisition of special or unique property
If you currently have a will, and have not had it revised recently, contact the Kushner Law Group today to schedule a consultation.